• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
JB said:
Not quite as relaxing as normal (as evidenced by the photo), but big fun nonethteless. Between the early attack of June grass and red flag warnings our last two days, I didn't spend as much time in the Gulf as I normally do.

I'll have some more photos and a more detailed report up a bit later.

Obviously June grass and red flag days are beyond our control (maybe we just learn to "adapt" more every year- kinda like child rearing). BUT- I will tell you that every year at the beach, Sam will be older, and it gets measurably easier. Leaps and bounds easier. Our pleasant surprise last year was not taking a stroller- what a freeing experience! The first year at the beach after potty training is always awesome too- no more swim diapers! This year, Kate does not take regular naps anymore, so I'm not going to plan our day around a nap anymore- she'll get one if she falls over and sleeps somewhere!

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Well, if there was one positive to having a stroller, I could put a small cooler of beer in the little carrier below the seat ;-)

I do know one thing: We will think long and hard about restaurant choices next time. He did great at the Blue Bar, but when we took him to the Old Florida Fish House, it was a nightmare. Food was good, but the wait was incredibly long, plus that place is WAY too loud for a 10-month-old.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
JB said:
Well, if there was one positive to having a stroller, I could put a small cooler of beer in the little carrier below the seat ;-)

I do know one thing: We will think long and hard about restaurant choices next time. He did great at the Blue Bar, but when we took him to the Old Florida Fish House, it was a nightmare. Food was good, but the wait was incredibly long, plus that place is WAY too loud for a 10-month-old.

Yeah, restaurants= not good with little ones. We had much better luck with places that took reservations, or going right when they open- not our faveorite time to eat, but you do whatcha gotta do. Most meals in the last few years have either been snacking/drinking after we fix something for the kids, a group effort with friends, or going out early. Our best meal was when Will was 3 or 4, and we ate at Bud & Alley's- beautiful night, and the staff was so accomodating.

With the kids, we have really enjoyed other friends being down the same time we are- the kids can play, there are more adults to watch the kids, meals are easier and more fun, etc. We all stay in separate places, but get together for the beach and for a few meals- kind of an informal co-op effort. Pizza is now an option at the beach too- I used to turn my nose up at ordering pizza at the beach, but it gives me more time to have fun.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
catweazl_2000 said:
Can anyone help me out about how to put a picture in a message? I got a nice one to share....
Thanks in advance,
Henk

Click here - then click browse to find the pic on your computer, choose a title and description, then click submit.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
JB....love love love the pic of Sam, I am!!! Cute! Couldn't help see the dam* soda can in the background.

JB

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Sueshore said:
JB....love love love the pic of Sam, I am!!! Cute! Couldn't help see the dam* soda can in the background.

I know. I didn't even notice it when I shot the pics. I have a co-worker who is a Photoshop wiz. Maybe she can remove it for me.

mountainbiker

Beach Comber
May 5, 2006
Tom@BV said:
I am new here & just returned home from my Blue Mtn Beach visit.

Hope this picture comes through. Beautiful Sunsets.

Great sunrises too. Just came back from Gulf Trace Saturday.