• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I just love the Pelican pic up top.:love: Makes me want to grab my camera and go find some nature to shoot. WoW! The photo is really cool, but it also reminds me how interesting the actual animal is too. Surely there is a God.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
jdarg said:
Somebody will probably put soap in it.:rotfl: (It took me 3 tries to catch the rolling head)

Sounds like Las Vegas to me! Catching that smilie is like a video game!!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I wish they wouldn't get 'nsync when you submit....much more funn when they roll all goofy!

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
Wow....that pelican is amazing. What a wonderful picture. How close were you to him? Or do you have a massive telephoto lens? Whatever you have, the picture is one my favorites by far!!!!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
kathydwells said:
Wow....that pelican is amazing. What a wonderful picture. How close were you to him? Or do you have a massive telephoto lens? Whatever you have, the picture is one my favorites by far!!!!

Thanks! Why yes, I do have quite a large lens. :blush:

That guy was hanging out on the sidewalk at WC and was possibly injured. Fish & Wildlife had been called and there were a few people waiting with him. We stayed back about 10 feet.

Around fishing boat docks and other public docks and piers you can often get closer than that if the birds are used to people, and being fed.

I shot this one with a 105 mm lens at St. Pete Pier in 1989 and wanted to recreate it in full color.

pelican-blue-eye.jpg