• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I don't consider the use of "y'all" to be redneck at all. I wish I had more of a southern accent- a really good one is music to my ears. I loved my time in South Carolina- the accents were gorgeous.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
jdarg said:
I don't consider the use of "y'all" to be redneck at all. I wish I had more of a southern accent- a really good one is music to my ears. I loved my time in South Carolina- the accents were gorgeous.

I'm just teasing her!! :rotfl:

Perhaps you're right, but Chickpea is a beautiful, intelligent, European goddess who is fluent in at least 3 languages and conversational in a couple more. "Y'all" just doesn't sound right coming from her. Many people I know aspire to have Chickpea's wonderful exotic accent. She is an example of how beautiful the spoken word can be. Unfortunately, I think we are corrupting her! :lol:

There is nothing wrong with a southern accent--my husband has one and I have picked one up after living in the South for 12 years.

Anyway, I still love and admire Chickpea just as long as she doesn't start saying "all y'all" or "you'ins."

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
Camp Creek Kid said:

Perhaps you're right, but Chickpea is a beautiful, intelligent, European goddess who is fluent in at least 3 languages and conversational in a couple more. "Y'all" just doesn't sound right coming from her. Many people I know aspire to have Chickpea's wonderful exotic accent. She is an example of how beautiful the spoken word can be. Unfortunately, I think we are corrupting her! :lol:

There is nothing wrong with a southern accent--my husband has one and I have picked one up after living in the South for 12 years.

Anyway, I still love and admire Chickpea just as long as she doesn't start saying "all y'all" or "you'ins."
:love: :love: CCK you are making me blush....
and Kurt, your pictures are always gorgeous....

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Camp Creek Kid said:

Whew- thanks for clearing that up. Thought I was gonna have to git out to the pickup truck, git my axe handle, come down there and kick some a$$.

Crap- we don't have a pickup truck anymore.:sosad:

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
jdarg said:
Whew- thanks for clearing that up. Thought I was gonna have to git out to the pickup truck, git my axe handle, come down there and kick some a$$.

Crap- we don't have a pickup truck anymore.:sosad:

You can borrow my truck :D .

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005

Y'all

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Sueshore said:

I'm relieved you know how to spell it correctly. Beach Runner would have been after you had you not. ;-)

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Chickpea said:
:love: :love: CCK you are making me blush....
and Kurt, your pictures are always gorgeous....

Does your neck get red when you blush???? :D

Sheila

SoWal Insider
Camp Creek Kid said:

Add young'ens to that list. I'm born and raised in the South. But I hate that word for some reason. :dunno: