• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt M.

Beach Comber
30’ WELLCRAFT SCARAB II PANTHER 1987 - PRICED TO SELL QUICKLY!! ONLY $23,500!!!

Deep V Fiberglass Hull,
Twin General Motors 454 cid
Current Rated HP @ 450 HP Each, Mercruiser Alpha Gen 1 Outdrives,
Mirage Props
DRY COVERED STORAGE ENTIRE LIFETIME (Except last 1.5 years when it was stolen)

30’ WELLCRAFT SCARAB II PANTHER 1987 - RED HULL W/ WHITE CAP

BOAT REPAIRS/UPGRADES:
- Twin Mercruiser 454 big blocks (both lower blocks were rebuilt/replaced 4-5 years ago before the boat was stolen but one is running fine now but can’t get the port motor to fire off. Engine spins by hand but won’t fire)
- (16) new spark plugs, both 4-barrel carburetors in solid shape,
- (6) new intake & exhaust manifold gaskets, all new exhaust riser, and other gaskets replaced,
- (6) new solenoids on all outdrive pumps & engine start,
- (2) new thermostats,
- (4) new rubber exhaust tubes,
- (4) new exhaust flappers,
- (2) brand new 1050 MCA heavy-duty marine deep cycle starting batteries,
- one starter freshly rebuilt,
new remote-controlled RGB LED color changing engine compartment strip lights on all four sides,
- (2) new Clear LED light fixtures on both sides of the engine compartment,
- (2) new LED light fixtures installed in cuddy,
- (2) Alpha Gen 1 outdrives overhauled with new seals/impellers etc and lower units prepped/primed/painted,
- (2) Mirage Props,
- new speedo detector,
- light gray plush cockpit snap carpet and extra thick padding,
- 100% new colored LED control switches on dash replaced,
- original working gauges and dash,
- new dual USB charging ports and digital amp gauge installed;
- new clock gauge,
- freshly prepped/finished/sealed teakwood step grips, passenger cockpit counter area, and cuddy storage compartment covers & trim/rails;
- (6) brand new heavy-duty trailer tires on aftermarket chrome rims that have some minor pitting and rust on them,
- (1) brand new matching spare tire & rim included
- Heavy-duty freshly acid brightened Aluminum I-Beam trailer w/freshly prepped/primed/painted hitch/jack/leaf springs/shackles/all steal areas on trailer prepped/primed/painted etc,
- new heavy-duty orange LED marker lights on trailer side beams;
- New rear LED brake/stop/reverse lights on the vertical PVC side marker pipes,
- the exterior of the boat freshly two-step buffed/waxed,
- New Carbon Fiber horizontal race stripes with large SCARAB logo & Wellcraft logos installed or re-decaled
- (a very few very small scratches paint touched-up before buffing/wax polishing,
- both topside skylight hatches prepped/resealed,
- exterior & interior chrome rails polished and in great shape,
- new cuddy hatch locks,
- port-a-potty compartment in located cuddy
- No snap cockpit cover or full cover provided
- extra spare parts included
- can include all bumpers, life jackets, gear, etc. at additional cost

UPHOLSTERY:
Cuddy cushions and seat still in good shape and will be included along with the gray plush cockpit carpet and extra thick padding (both not shown in pictures as I just had it all steam cleaned)
The cockpit upholstery still needs recovering due to the sun/water damage. All Foam is still good and mainly the bottom seat cushions, the top side of seats, etc are what that have the sun damage. I have an upholstery shop willing to re-upholster the entire cockpit including all seats, cockpit walls, rear hatch cushion (complete build/replacement due to it’s missing), and the top cushion on windshield/sides for only $1200. From discussions, we can get the cuddy upholstery and cover done for an additional $800. This includes UV Protected Thread, Stainless Steel Staples, SEASCAPE brand Soft Side Marine Grade Vinyl (up to 3 color combo of choice & custom pattern/style - any damaged plywood not included in price). I am willing to facilitate the upholstery to be completed before the boat’s final pick-up for the additional costs mentioned above or you can buy it as-is for the list price and have it done yourself at your choice of upholstery vendor.

STEREO SYSTEM:
- ALREADY PURCHASED BUT NOT INSTALLED YET - CAN BE INCLUDED & INSTALLED FOR AN ADDITIONAL DISCOUNT AS I GOT GOOD DEALS ON THE ITEMS $3,400
- new Bluetooth Fusion MS-UD650 Marine digital media receiver with internal dock
- new 1000 watt 5 channel Rockford Fosgate Amp,
Cockpit: (4) new 8” Rockford LED color changing speakers,
Cockpit: (2) new 10” Rockford LED color changing woofers,
Cuddy: (4) new Infinity 6.5” speakers
Marine Wiring & In-Line Fuses

The boat is located in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459. I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have which are not already answered in this description and repairs list attachment. Eight5Zero-sevenseven5-eight5zerozero Matt’s cell.

** DETAILS/HISTORY:
This boat was purchased and owned by an ex-girlfriend of mine’s father for 37 years and immaculately taken care of with FRESHWATER ONLY. I grew up on this boat in my younger years for about 13 years while we dated. He passed away about a year ago after being in hospice for quite some time and during that time period, the daughter paid a guy to move the boat from their camp to his main house about 2 hours away however the boat never arrived. The person who was paid gave a story that the trailer wheels were not in good enough shape to haul the boat the distance and he took the boat to one of his unnamed family members properties temporarily to get the tires replaced and complete the transfer however that turned out to be a scam and the boat was stolen and missing for approx. 1.5 years until 5 months ago when I was enlisted to locate the boat for the family/estate and recover it. They had too much going on with hospice during that period and this wasn’t a priority for them due to the complexity. After research, a P.I. enlisted and several local Louisiana Sheriff Departments, the boat was recovered but had not been covered and cared for properly by the thief which unfortunately sun/water damaged the cockpit upholstery along with other cosmetics. After recovery of the boat, I have taken the boat and rehabbed it as far as I can to give it the TLC it lacked over the last 1.5 years. The owner had just had both 454 Big Blocks redone along with many other items such as exhaust risers changed and redoing the engines. This was literally done almost 6-9 months prior to it being stolen per family records. Unfortunately, we don’t have any idea if/how the boat was used during the time it was stolen, but they definitely did some damage. After general initial clean-up, heavy maintenance, new batteries, plugs, and tons more were performed, the Starboard engine immediately cranked and fired off with no issues. The Port engine turns by hand but will not fire off for some reason (A qualified Mechanic has done all general maintenance to it including new plugs, new manifold gaskets, new thermostat, newly rebuilt starter, new starter and outdrive pump solenoids, and much more - see list attached). I’m not a mechanic as Residential and Commercial General Contracting are my businesses and I have tried to have all relatively reasonable repairs and maintenance done to the engine/outdrives/boat/upgrades just shy of having the Port motor pulled and torn down to see why it won’t fire off but I suspect it’s not much left but it’s getting above my pay grade at this point and I don’t want to invest the extra money and time. Seeing as I grew up on this boat, I’ve enjoyed the last 5 months of giving it TLC and upgrading a lot of things on the boat like LED switches, LED Lighting in boat and trailer, LED Color Changing Lighting, buffing & re-decaling the entire boat, re-sealing areas, prepping/priming/painting everything needed on boat and trailer, overhauling the outdrives, new tires, etc. You’ll see a very large list attached of all the love and repairs given to it and I’m sure I’m leaving off a lot of items as it’s been quite a tedious process. The cockpit upholstery still needs recovering due to the sun/water damage and I have an upholstery shop willing to re-upholster the entire cockpit including all seats, cockpit walls, rear hatch cushion (complete build/replacement due to it’s missing), and the top cushion on windshield/sides for only $1200. From discussions, we can get the cuddy upholstery and cover done for an additional $800. This includes UV Protected Thread, Stainless Steel Staples, SEASCAPE brand Soft Side Marine Grade Vinyl (up to 3 color combo of choice & custom pattern/style - any damaged plywood not included in price). I am willing to facilitate the upholstery to be completed before the boat’s final pick-up for the additional costs mentioned above or you can buy it as-is for the list price and have it done yourself at your choice of upholstery vendor. The boat is located in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459.

I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have which are not already answered in this description and repairs list attachment. Eight5Zero-sevenseven5-eight5zerozero Matt’s cell.

Fuel type: Gas
Engine type: Inboard / Outboard - Double
Hull type: Fiberglass
Length: 29
Engine manufacturer: General Motors
Engine model: 454 cid
Engine year: 1987
Engine hours: N/A
Top Speed: Low to Mid 70’s
Fuel capacity: 150
Beam: 8
Bridge clearance: 5
Draft: 2

Water capacity: 5
Trailer manufacturer: Metal Craft
Trailer model: Custom Hull
Trailer year: 1984
Trailer width: 8
Trailer length: 35
Trailer height: 2
Trailer axle count: 3
• Compass

# formula donzi pontoon race ski water outdoor water sports big block speed fishing boating beach rental car truck suv f250 range rover chevy ford Chevrolet life jacket anchor stereo system speakers racing race beach pond lake river ocean engine motor tools parts searay sea ray cigarette boat

Attachments

• 9E868255-3D33-46E4-88AC-4406EB115F59.jpeg
    9E868255-3D33-46E4-88AC-4406EB115F59.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
  • 559EBEDA-B4AB-49E1-B5F1-D8C8B5C77BB1.jpeg
    559EBEDA-B4AB-49E1-B5F1-D8C8B5C77BB1.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 9
  • 3CC179F0-7750-4D7B-9FD8-2F528A4F0504.jpeg
    3CC179F0-7750-4D7B-9FD8-2F528A4F0504.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 9
  • CF94E71D-62B8-4D01-9873-17FA6EA85601.jpeg
    CF94E71D-62B8-4D01-9873-17FA6EA85601.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • 1A33E4CF-B4FD-45EB-A39F-45E4293B78EA.jpeg
    1A33E4CF-B4FD-45EB-A39F-45E4293B78EA.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 27CAD054-FAF9-4281-B92F-BDA264265B32.jpeg
    27CAD054-FAF9-4281-B92F-BDA264265B32.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • BA0F3451-2D57-4E74-94AE-7AA23C09C268.jpeg
    BA0F3451-2D57-4E74-94AE-7AA23C09C268.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 14
  • DD30C92F-751D-48C4-8C1B-7258599905BE.jpeg
    DD30C92F-751D-48C4-8C1B-7258599905BE.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 2918DE4F-A117-40DB-A7D2-730887E0353E.jpeg
    2918DE4F-A117-40DB-A7D2-730887E0353E.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 61E5738C-6983-4DBD-A5AE-6E303490F882.jpeg
    61E5738C-6983-4DBD-A5AE-6E303490F882.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 12
  • 4067217D-A11E-4123-95C5-78076246A0E3.jpeg
    4067217D-A11E-4123-95C5-78076246A0E3.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 12
  • ECD1D499-04BB-4DAF-9954-274D74A58B7C.jpeg
    ECD1D499-04BB-4DAF-9954-274D74A58B7C.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 14
  • 65341CF4-BB7E-4825-8A9F-8444DA48B902.jpeg
    65341CF4-BB7E-4825-8A9F-8444DA48B902.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 11
  • 760947F4-0D7E-4D61-B588-ABD5D2D16CE8.jpeg
    760947F4-0D7E-4D61-B588-ABD5D2D16CE8.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 2DF3B32A-3A8D-4E5A-83CD-F7A6D7E2F57E.jpeg
    2DF3B32A-3A8D-4E5A-83CD-F7A6D7E2F57E.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • AA9EEFD3-8977-44EF-99FA-3F95F9F92135.jpeg
    AA9EEFD3-8977-44EF-99FA-3F95F9F92135.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 5344E18F-3E4B-4250-93F7-E242D51057B1.jpeg
    5344E18F-3E4B-4250-93F7-E242D51057B1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
  • CD21F0B4-CE32-4E47-9870-CA30789511B2.jpeg
    CD21F0B4-CE32-4E47-9870-CA30789511B2.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 10
  • 53B8503A-33B4-4CD1-839B-169485973FE5.jpeg
    53B8503A-33B4-4CD1-839B-169485973FE5.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 9
  • CFC769DE-40E5-47B9-BD7E-590AF6CA0924.jpeg
    CFC769DE-40E5-47B9-BD7E-590AF6CA0924.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 12
Last edited by a moderator:

Matt M.

Beach Comber
30’ WELLCRAFT SCARAB II PANTHER 1987 - PRICED TO SELL QUICKLY!! ONLY $23,500!!!
**THIS BOAT HAS SOLD AND IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Deep V Fiberglass Hull,
Twin General Motors 454 cid
Current Rated HP @ 450 HP Each, Mercruiser Alpha Gen 1 Outdrives,
Mirage Props
DRY COVERED STORAGE ENTIRE LIFETIME (Except last 1.5 years when it was stolen)

30’ WELLCRAFT SCARAB II PANTHER 1987 - RED HULL W/ WHITE CAP

BOAT REPAIRS/UPGRADES:
- Twin Mercruiser 454 big blocks (both lower blocks were rebuilt/replaced 4-5 years ago before the boat was stolen but one is running fine now but can’t get the port motor to fire off. Engine spins by hand but won’t fire)
- (16) new spark plugs, both 4-barrel carburetors in solid shape,
- (6) new intake & exhaust manifold gaskets, all new exhaust riser, and other gaskets replaced,
- (6) new solenoids on all outdrive pumps & engine start,
- (2) new thermostats,
- (4) new rubber exhaust tubes,
- (4) new exhaust flappers,
- (2) brand new 1050 MCA heavy-duty marine deep cycle starting batteries,
- one starter freshly rebuilt,
new remote-controlled RGB LED color changing engine compartment strip lights on all four sides,
- (2) new Clear LED light fixtures on both sides of the engine compartment,
- (2) new LED light fixtures installed in cuddy,
- (2) Alpha Gen 1 outdrives overhauled with new seals/impellers etc and lower units prepped/primed/painted,
- (2) Mirage Props,
- new speedo detector,
- light gray plush cockpit snap carpet and extra thick padding,
- 100% new colored LED control switches on dash replaced,
- original working gauges and dash,
- new dual USB charging ports and digital amp gauge installed;
- new clock gauge,
- freshly prepped/finished/sealed teakwood step grips, passenger cockpit counter area, and cuddy storage compartment covers & trim/rails;
- (6) brand new heavy-duty trailer tires on aftermarket chrome rims that have some minor pitting and rust on them,
- (1) brand new matching spare tire & rim included
- Heavy-duty freshly acid brightened Aluminum I-Beam trailer w/freshly prepped/primed/painted hitch/jack/leaf springs/shackles/all steal areas on trailer prepped/primed/painted etc,
- new heavy-duty orange LED marker lights on trailer side beams;
- New rear LED brake/stop/reverse lights on the vertical PVC side marker pipes,
- the exterior of the boat freshly two-step buffed/waxed,
- New Carbon Fiber horizontal race stripes with large SCARAB logo & Wellcraft logos installed or re-decaled
- (a very few very small scratches paint touched-up before buffing/wax polishing,
- both topside skylight hatches prepped/resealed,
- exterior & interior chrome rails polished and in great shape,
- new cuddy hatch locks,
- port-a-potty compartment in located cuddy
- No snap cockpit cover or full cover provided
- extra spare parts included
- can include all bumpers, life jackets, gear, etc. at additional cost

UPHOLSTERY:
Cuddy cushions and seat still in good shape and will be included along with the gray plush cockpit carpet and extra thick padding (both not shown in pictures as I just had it all steam cleaned)
The cockpit upholstery still needs recovering due to the sun/water damage. All Foam is still good and mainly the bottom seat cushions, the top side of seats, etc are what that have the sun damage. I have an upholstery shop willing to re-upholster the entire cockpit including all seats, cockpit walls, rear hatch cushion (complete build/replacement due to it’s missing), and the top cushion on windshield/sides for only $1200. From discussions, we can get the cuddy upholstery and cover done for an additional $800. This includes UV Protected Thread, Stainless Steel Staples, SEASCAPE brand Soft Side Marine Grade Vinyl (up to 3 color combo of choice & custom pattern/style - any damaged plywood not included in price). I am willing to facilitate the upholstery to be completed before the boat’s final pick-up for the additional costs mentioned above or you can buy it as-is for the list price and have it done yourself at your choice of upholstery vendor.

STEREO SYSTEM:
- ALREADY PURCHASED BUT NOT INSTALLED YET - CAN BE INCLUDED & INSTALLED FOR AN ADDITIONAL DISCOUNT AS I GOT GOOD DEALS ON THE ITEMS $3,400
- new Bluetooth Fusion MS-UD650 Marine digital media receiver with internal dock
- new 1000 watt 5 channel Rockford Fosgate Amp,
Cockpit: (4) new 8” Rockford LED color changing speakers,
Cockpit: (2) new 10” Rockford LED color changing woofers,
Cuddy: (4) new Infinity 6.5” speakers
Marine Wiring & In-Line Fuses

The boat is located in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459. I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have which are not already answered in this description and repairs list attachment. Eight5Zero-sevenseven5-eight5zerozero Matt’s cell.

** DETAILS/HISTORY:
This boat was purchased and owned by an ex-girlfriend of mine’s father for 37 years and immaculately taken care of with FRESHWATER ONLY. I grew up on this boat in my younger years for about 13 years while we dated. He passed away about a year ago after being in hospice for quite some time and during that time period, the daughter paid a guy to move the boat from their camp to his main house about 2 hours away however the boat never arrived. The person who was paid gave a story that the trailer wheels were not in good enough shape to haul the boat the distance and he took the boat to one of his unnamed family members properties temporarily to get the tires replaced and complete the transfer however that turned out to be a scam and the boat was stolen and missing for approx. 1.5 years until 5 months ago when I was enlisted to locate the boat for the family/estate and recover it. They had too much going on with hospice during that period and this wasn’t a priority for them due to the complexity. After research, a P.I. enlisted and several local Louisiana Sheriff Departments, the boat was recovered but had not been covered and cared for properly by the thief which unfortunately sun/water damaged the cockpit upholstery along with other cosmetics. After recovery of the boat, I have taken the boat and rehabbed it as far as I can to give it the TLC it lacked over the last 1.5 years. The owner had just had both 454 Big Blocks redone along with many other items such as exhaust risers changed and redoing the engines. This was literally done almost 6-9 months prior to it being stolen per family records. Unfortunately, we don’t have any idea if/how the boat was used during the time it was stolen, but they definitely did some damage. After general initial clean-up, heavy maintenance, new batteries, plugs, and tons more were performed, the Starboard engine immediately cranked and fired off with no issues. The Port engine turns by hand but will not fire off for some reason (A qualified Mechanic has done all general maintenance to it including new plugs, new manifold gaskets, new thermostat, newly rebuilt starter, new starter and outdrive pump solenoids, and much more - see list attached). I’m not a mechanic as Residential and Commercial General Contracting are my businesses and I have tried to have all relatively reasonable repairs and maintenance done to the engine/outdrives/boat/upgrades just shy of having the Port motor pulled and torn down to see why it won’t fire off but I suspect it’s not much left but it’s getting above my pay grade at this point and I don’t want to invest the extra money and time. Seeing as I grew up on this boat, I’ve enjoyed the last 5 months of giving it TLC and upgrading a lot of things on the boat like LED switches, LED Lighting in boat and trailer, LED Color Changing Lighting, buffing & re-decaling the entire boat, re-sealing areas, prepping/priming/painting everything needed on boat and trailer, overhauling the outdrives, new tires, etc. You’ll see a very large list attached of all the love and repairs given to it and I’m sure I’m leaving off a lot of items as it’s been quite a tedious process. The cockpit upholstery still needs recovering due to the sun/water damage and I have an upholstery shop willing to re-upholster the entire cockpit including all seats, cockpit walls, rear hatch cushion (complete build/replacement due to it’s missing), and the top cushion on windshield/sides for only $1200. From discussions, we can get the cuddy upholstery and cover done for an additional $800. This includes UV Protected Thread, Stainless Steel Staples, SEASCAPE brand Soft Side Marine Grade Vinyl (up to 3 color combo of choice & custom pattern/style - any damaged plywood not included in price). I am willing to facilitate the upholstery to be completed before the boat’s final pick-up for the additional costs mentioned above or you can buy it as-is for the list price and have it done yourself at your choice of upholstery vendor. The boat is located in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida 32459.

I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have which are not already answered in this description and repairs list attachment. Eight5Zero-sevenseven5-eight5zerozero Matt’s cell.

Fuel type: Gas
Engine type: Inboard / Outboard - Double
Hull type: Fiberglass
Length: 29
Engine manufacturer: General Motors
Engine model: 454 cid
Engine year: 1987
Engine hours: N/A
Top Speed: Low to Mid 70’s
Fuel capacity: 150
Beam: 8
Bridge clearance: 5
Draft: 2

Water capacity: 5
Trailer manufacturer: Metal Craft
Trailer model: Custom Hull
Trailer year: 1984
Trailer width: 8
Trailer length: 35
Trailer height: 2
Trailer axle count: 3
• Compass

# formula donzi pontoon race ski water outdoor water sports big block speed fishing boating beach rental car truck suv f250 range rover chevy ford Chevrolet life jacket anchor stereo system speakers racing race beach pond lake river ocean engine motor tools parts searay sea ray cigarette boat

THIS BOAT HAS SOLD & IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE